TN film (Twisted Nematic)
– low manufacturing/retail costs
– restrictive viewing angles
– fast pixel response times
– dead pixels display white. Stuck pixels display RGB colors
– lower contrast levels means blacks are not as dark as VA based panels
– lower color reproduction
The ideal, recommended and indispensable solution for pros is calibration. A sensor measures the differences in a series of color patches on the screen and these are then adjusted through the creation of new table (LUT for Look Up Table).
There are actually two tables (LUT): One is in the screen (hardware) and the other LUT is that of your graphic card, and this is the one that is changed in calibration.